Sunday 8 January 2012

New Year's Swag (a typical pandalion shopping trip)

Today my boyfriend and I went for a little shopping trip to see if we could pick up any sale bargains ^^ I really needed to buy some new trousers but I struggle buying trousers (I'm pear shaped or something :P) and I also don't enjoy shopping for them D: So kinda ended up buying stuff I didn't intend to buy. XD But hey, it's good to have some New Year treats!

1 - A cute soft sweater from Next. I think these days, for buying any clothes other than shirts (which I buy all over the internet), Next is almost the only clothes shop I actually enjoy going to and find stuff I like in. No doubt the next couple of months will still be pretty cold so I need more things with long sleeves :D

2 - Doggy purse/wallet also from Next. It was just too adorable really. Animal faces on things generally always make them better.

3 - Various hot chocolates from Whittard, and a cute handpainted mug reduced in the sale :D Before my mum says anything, yes I have LOADS of mugs for tea, but this one was the perfect size for drinking hot chocolate :3 As for flavours, they had lots of fun kinds! We went for cinnamon, cherry and mint.

4 - Hazelnut coffee and chocolate covered espresso beans, also from Whittard. I'm generally a tea drinker and only drink coffee on occasion, but I've had this flavoured one in the past and it's *lovely*. Something for Saturday mornings :) And chocolate espresso beans are just quite yum. XD

5 - 2012 planner for the Creative Procrastinator - in the Calendar Club sale. (word of advice - just wait till January 1st to buy diaries or calendars, so much cheaper XD) Anyway, I had to get this as it's just too perfect for me. I think "creative procrastinator" is my middle name(s). The middle is filled with handy boxes for writing what you have to do, such as "Things I need to do but that can wait a day, or two, or three.." and "Things I absolutely have to do unless I absolutely don't want to do them". Each week also has a Procrastinator tip, or bit of wisdom. My favourites include: "Better to do nothing and avoid looking bad than to proceed and look like a total idiot", and "Some people say nothing is the worst thing you can do. I challenge them to tell me the last time a war broke out over nothing." XD

6 - Christmassy chocolates in the sale at Hotel Chocolat - Hotel Chocolat is one of those shops I love to look in but have never bought anything from before. The sale seemed a good excuse to :D I always think I'd rather have a very small amount of high quality chocolate than a big bar of something cheap and rubbish ;)

So yeah, that's some typical pandalion swag, would often include games but I'm intent on finishing fallout: new vegas without getting distracted! Bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. Gosh allot of advertising going on there!!ha-ha Glad you had a good day and bought yourself lots of nice treats.(including mug!)You deserve to spoil yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, thank you. Well I guess it's useful in case anyone is interested where stuff comes from. And I think Whittards especially should be promoted more! Was surprised to find one still open in Reading, since most of them shut down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely calendar!


    How was it this year? Have you got your 2013 one already?

    ReplyDelete